Tea Time-A Needed Respite




In our ever-hectic lives, we all need a little break to take the edge off the stress of the day! Our brains, hearts and souls are all taking the stress of the day and it is bound to affect us mentally, physically and even spiritually. 

For the working women, hopefully you get that 15 minutes away from you work. But i know in todays real world that is not always so. And if you do get it, it is to grab a quick cup of coffee or to take a quick bathroom break only to rush back to the job to finish the day. After that, it is the ride home, then take care of the family, make dinner and get some chores done before heading to bed. 

Stay at home Moms spend their days essentially taking care of everyone else's needs. It is far from being a picnic there either. It is basically a full-time job as well caring for home and family.

I love people who claim the retired women have it so easy. When a woman retires, she moves to the job of tending to home and family. That often means tending to elderly family members as well.

Do not get me wrong, I am not complaining about our lot in life. What I am saying is that in the course of our day, we need a few minutes of rest, physically and mentally to regroup, refocus and rest. 

For me, that is a cup of tea. Itis an afternoon habit that I have gotten into. It can happen anytime before 5pm when I generally start cooking supper. It is a time to renew and refresh. I take time to enjoy a good cup of tea and some time to myself. I am very fond of a company called Charleston tea who has some delicious teas. But I love any type of tea. 

Whenever I tell my husband, "Tea-time", he knows that is time to gather my thoughts and renew.

You see it is not really about the tea. It is more about the time to myself. Some days it is only 15 minutes. Some days it is 30 minutes. It is about the break in my day to get refreshed. 

The funny thing is I can remember my Dad coming home from work and sitting down and reading the paper before supper. We were all instructed to find something to do and leave him be so he could have a bit of time for himself. Yet my mom raising 5 kids would feel guilty taking 20 minutes to sit down and have a quiet cup of coffee. We all need to break that cycle. We need that break in our day too.

Your teatime could also happen after dinner when you get the family quieted down. It could be your favorite beverage and a good book. It could be your prayer or gratitude journal time. It could be a good long soak in the tube. It just needs to be time that is strictly for yourself.

I take that time some days to sit in the sun and enjoy God's nature. Some days I pray. Some days I read. Some days I take time to spend with my sister and we share a cup of tea. 

Be selfish and find that time for yourself. You will be better for it. I will bet even the busiest among us could find 15-29 minutes in their day for themselves. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog